Text Size:
High contrast:
  • White/Black
  • Standard

Current Style: Standard

County Council

County Council


What is this?

We have prepared a number of information sheets about different aspects of care home funding, for people who are considering moving into a care home permanently.

The information will be useful for people in receipt of funding from the Council as well as those who are privately funding their support.

The information sheets below are intended as a guide to help people with all aspects of care home funding and can be downloaded separately or as a whole booklet by clicking on the links below.

Information sheets

·    Savings over £23,250 with access to funds (63kb .doc)

·    Savings over £23,250 but no access to funds (64kb .doc)

·    Capital and gifting of assets (62kb .doc)

·    Third party top up information (64kb .doc)

·    Do you own a property? (64kb .doc)

·    12 week property disregard (63kb .doc)

·    Deferred payments scheme (66kb .doc)

·    Paying for your care – Your assessed weekly contribution (66kb.doc)

·    What happens to my spouses / partner’s benefits when I go in to permanent care? (62kb .doc)

·    Attendance allowance and disability living allowance (70kb .doc)

·    Income support / employment support allowance for people under 60 (63kb .doc)

·    Pension credit for people over 60 (80kb .pdf)

·    Registered nursing care contribution (119kb .pdf)

·    Useful contacts (79kb .doc)

·    Care home funding - A guide for people thinking about moving into a care home (all information sheets in one booklet (290Kb .pdf)

Related links

·    Help and support for adults

·    Assessment for longer term support

·    Paying towards your support

·    Benefits and allowances

External links

·    The Money Advice Servicegives free impartial information and advice about funding long term care and support.

        Help with file formats used on this website