Text Size:
High contrast:
  • White/Black
  • Standard

Current Style: Standard


County Council




Housing and Homelessness

Advice about housing or homelessness.
This service is provided by your local District Council, listed below.

Postcode Search for your local District Council

Further information about Councils in Leicestershire

Contact Details

Blaby District Council - Housing & Homelessness

0116 272 7770


Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP

Charnwood Borough Council - Housing & Homelessness

01509 634567


Charnwood Borough Council
Southfield Road
LE11 2TR

Harborough District Council - Housing & Homelessness

01858 828282

Harborough District Council
Council Offices
Adam & Eve Street
LE16 7AG

Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council - Housing & Homelessness

01455 238141

Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
Hinckley Hub
Rugby Road
LE10 0FR

Leicester City Council - Housing & Homelessness

0116 252 7008

Leicester City Council
New Walk Centre
Welford Place

Melton Borough Council - Housing & Homelessness

01664 502502

Melton Borough Council
Council Offices
Nottingham Road
LE13 0UL

North West Leicestershire District Council - Housing & Homelessness

01530 454545


North West Leicestershire District Council
Council Offices
Whitwick Road
LE67 3FJ

Oadby & Wigston Borough Council - Housing & Homelessness

0116 288 8961


Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
Council Offices
Station Road
LE18 2DR





Your housing situation

Popular now

Other ways to get involved

Choose section

Stay up to date

·         Homelessness

·         Private renting

·         Money problems

·         Tenancy deposits

·         Housing benefit

·         Social housing

·         Eviction

·         Repossession

·         More

o    Repairs and home safety

o    Universal credit

o    Students

o    Buying a home

o    Problems with neighbours

o    Relationship breakdown

o    Armed forces and ex-services

o    Young people

o    EU nationals

o    Asylum seekers and refugees

o    Older or disabled

o    Prisoners

o    Courts and tribunals

o    Tools

o    Sample letters

o    Shelter's helpline and services

How to apply for council and housing association housing

Find out more about who is eligible for council housing, how to apply for council housing and how the council decides who to house first.

exclamation  If you need housing immediately – for example, if you are about to be evictedor have to leave in an emergency – the council may have a duty to house you straight away. Use our emergency housing rights checkerto find out what you're entitled to. 

Who is eligible to apply?

Council housing is subject to eligibility and is not guaranteed. Use our information to see who is eligible for council housing.

How to apply

Find out what information you should include when applying for council housing and what happens once you have applied to your council's housing department.

Who gets priority?

When deciding who gets priority for council housing, councils take different factors into account

Choice-based lettings

Choice-based lettings (CBL) are designed to introduce an element of choice for people who apply for council housing and housing association homes.

Getting an offer of council housing

Find out how offers are made by a council's housing department and what you can do if you think the council accommodation being offered is unsuitable.

Challenging a council decision

If you are unhappy with a decision about your application for council housing or a housing association home you may be able to challenge it.

Social housing rent increases

The council sets the amount of rent you have to pay. The type of council tenancy you have will make no difference. The rent is usually less than private landlords would charge for a similar